Are You Ready For The Adventure Of A Lifetime?
Botswana/Namibia Safari 11 days / 10 nights running in July next year comprising:
- 4 days / 3 nights Chobe National Park, 6 game drives, mobile camp,
- 4 days / 3 nights Chobe River, 6 river boat drives on our luxurious river boat,
- 4 days / 3 nights Okavango Delta 6 game drives, very luxurious camp,
- 1 night at Victoria Falls to witness one of the 7 wonders of Africa.
Chobe NP, based on the Northern border with Namibia features the impressive Chobe River with its large concentrations of elephants, predator / prey activity and massive array of birdlife.
The Khwai Private Game Reserve within the Okavango Delta is located in the middle of the some of the best viewing areas not only in Botswana but the whole of Africa. Access to these areas is also limited to those who are staying in the reserve. To see some of the typical wildlife and birdlife you could be photographing in Chobe NP and Okavango Delta just click here.
Victoria Falls are immense and what a great way to unwind after a hectic 10 days. Imagine driving around these huge falls at during the golden hour or taking an optional 25 minute helicopter flight above the falls to photograph this amazing spectacle. The falls are on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia and are reached after a short drive from Kasane, Botswana.
The itinerary is as follows:
Victoria Falls, Livingstone or Kasane Airport Meet & Greet
Transfer by road from either airport to our first destination in the NW corner of Chobe NP. The mobile camp’s location changes every few days so once you’re in the Chobe NP, the first game drive may start immediately so have your cameras at the ready!
4 days / 3 nights in Mobile Camp in Chobe NP
- 6 x 3 hour game drives in an open sided custom built 4×4 extended wheelbase vehicle c/w beanbag camera supports. Everyone is guaranteed a window seat.
- Accommodation is in a mobile tented camp within the northern area of Chobe NP & comprises four large walk-in tents with twin full-size beds, luggage store, solar lighting and ensuite bathroom. The camp area also features a mess-tent to serve & eat meals. Relaxation in the evenings around the camp fire discussing the day’s events while enjoying your favourite tipple.
- Meals comprise a light breakfast before the morning game drive, brunch, high tea, and evening meal. A wide selection of drinks are available throughout the day including soft drinks and alcoholic drinks.
- Typical wildlife to see includes African wild cat, antelope, baboon, baobab trees, buffalo, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, hippo, impala, leopard, lion, spotted hyena, sable, wild dog and zebra plus multiple species of birds.
- Astro photography is possible due to the lack of night-time illumination in the area.
- Transfer by road back to Kasane.
4 days / 3 nights on 4* river boat in Chobe River / Namibia
- Transfer into Namibia to stay on the Chobe River in our glorious 4* river boat.
- 6 x 3 hour boat rides on a custom built photo boat along the Chobe River around Seddudu Island and in the Serondela region. To photograph the wildlife intimately, there’s a maximum of 8 photographers allowed on the photo boat. A gimbal mount capable of supporting the largest camera lenses is mounted in front of your 360° swivel chair giving you the ability to track subjects with ease. The chairs are in line so there are no viewing restrictions.
- Accommodation & meals are on the river boat which has three levels for guests with a maximum five en-suite cabins (double / twin).
- Meals comprise a light breakfast before the morning game ride, brunch, high tea and evening meal. A wide selection of drinks are available throughout the day including soft drinks and alcoholic drinks.
- Typical wildlife to see includes antelope, crocodile, elephant, giraffe, hippo, hyena, impala, leopard, lion, red lechwe, warthog, wildebeest, zebra and many more species of birds.
- Transfer back to Kasane, Botswana, followed by a short flight by bush plane to the Okavango Delta.
4 days / 3 nights in Okavango Delta / Khwai Camp
- 6 game drives in a custom built 4×4 extended wheelbase vehicle with the ability to go off-road through the bush/Delta as well as for night-time drives. The game drives can be extended to all day complete with a packed lunch if the wildlife is too exciting to leave! Everyone is guaranteed a window seat.
- Punting through the channels of the Okavango Delta in a traditional Mokoro may be available to us if the water levels are high. It’s a traditional dug out canoe that’s used to navigate across this World Heritage Site.
- A walking safari from camp to learn about animal tracking may also be possible depending on the weather, the ability of the group and the wildlife present.
- Accommodation & meals are at the Khwai Tented Camp within the Khwai Private Game Reserve. The camp comprises 7 en-suite raised ‘tents’ accommodating the guests (double / twin). These tents are far more luxurious than any normal tents as they have electricity, very large bathrooms c/w showers, twin sinks & toilet and air conditioned rooms plus a great view over the Delta. Main dining / lounge area with laptop editing area for post-production sessions.
- Meals comprise a light breakfast before the morning game drive, brunch, high tea and evening meal. A wide selection of drinks are available throughout the day including soft drinks and selected alcoholic drinks.
- Typical wildlife seen includes African wild cat, antelope, buffalo, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, hippo, leopard, lion, spotted hyena, tsessebe, African hunting dog and multiple species of birds.
Transfer to Kasane Airport followed by road trip to Victoria Falls
- Transfer to 4* hotel allowing you to relax before a sunset ride around the falls.
- Optional helicopter flight over the falls and sunrise drive around the falls is also available.
Transfer to Victoria Falls / Livingstone Airport for return flight home
- Transfer from/to Victoria Falls to Kasane for the start/end of the safari.
- Return internal flights from Kasane to Okavango Delta.
- 200,000 hectare private reserve within the Okavango Delta with only 50 guests allowed in there at any one time. The Okavango Delta is about the same size as Wales!
- There are minimal vehicles allowed at each sighting.
- To bring you closer to the wildlife, 6 nights tented accommodation and 3 nights on the 4* river boat as described above.
- Accommodation at Victoria Falls with trip around the falls.
- All park fees, tourism levies, all meals and a good range of drinks.
- Comprehensive photography tuition including composition, using Photoshop and Lightroom as required from myself.
- You’ll need a 100-400mm or 200-500mm focal length lens (maybe with a 1.4x extender) and a camera with high-speed motor drive, high ISO capability plus memory cards & batteries for your photography. Longer focal length lenses are useful for smaller birds but not absolutely necessary. Wide angle lenses can be used when we get really close to some animals! A cropped sensor (1.3x/1.5x/1.6x/2x) would also increase the reach of your lens.
- This is a good chance to get off the beaten track i.e. there is minimal mobile phone signal and very limited internet access!
- Maximum of just six friends / guests (plus myself, the second photographic guide and our wildlife guide).
What’s Not Included:
- Return flights from your home city to Victoria Falls / Kasane, travel in & around Victoria Falls, insurance, visas, tips / gratuities, inoculations, personal items.
The total cost:
Contact me for the total cost for the 11 day safari in Botswana / Namibia as described above. The non-refundable deposit is just $1100 and the trip is based on two people sharing a room whilst the single person supplement is $895. The balance is due just ten weeks before the adventure begins and all prices are per person in US$.
For typical wildlife and birdlife you could photograph in Chobe NP and Okavango Delta just click here.
© Jeremy Malley-Smith LRPS DPAGB BPE2* | firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0) 7540 163136